peevish (နှိုင်းယှဉ်နိုင်သော (comparative) more peevish, အသာလွန်ဆုံး (superlative) most peevish)
- တတွတ်တွတ်မြည်တွန်တောက်တီးနေသော။ ပွစိပွစိဖြင့် ညည်းညူနေသော။
- ကျွဲမြီးတိုသော (အသံ၊ ဟန်ပန် စသည်)။
1864, J. Sheridan Le Fanu, chapter 46, in Uncle Silas:
- She took it with a peevish nod and a grunt, closing the door in my face.
(Can we date this quote?), Robert Louis Stevenson, chapter 11, in Essays of Travel:
- that is not precisely a song-bird’s heart that you bring back with you when you return with aching limbs and peevish temper to your inn.
1817, Walter Scott, chapter 22, in Rob Roy:
- He rubbed, with an air of peevish irritation, the once stainless brown coat, which had now shared some of the impurities of the floor of his prison-house.