- မနှစ်မြို့ဖွယ်။ ရွံရှာဖွယ်။
- Scrubbing the toilet is an odious task.
- 1903, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, “The Adventure of the Solitary Cyclist”, in The Return of Sherlock HolmesWikisource:
- "He was a dreadful person, a bully to everyone else, but to me something infinitely worse. He made odious love to me, boasted of his wealth, said that if I married him I would have the finest diamonds in London, and finally, when I would have nothing to do with him, he seized me in his arms one day after dinner -- he was hideously strong -- and he swore that he would not let me go until I had kissed him."
- 1818, Mary Shelley, chapter 6, Frankenstein:
- He looks upon study as an odious fetter; his time is spent in the open air, climbing the hills or rowing on the lake.